Focus and Attention – Distracts Others Leads To Shutting Down
Me has difficulty staying on task. Me becomes restless and tries to get the attention of Specs and Pigtails. He is dismissed by his peers. Me “shuts down”. Me has difficulty maintaining focus and attention.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?