Thinking, Reasoning and Communication – Verbal Instructions Are Less Effective
Teach gives the class verbal instructions to complete a task, Me is unable to follow along or makes sense of what to do. Me has difficulty understanding all of the verbal information he has heard.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?