Living and Social Skills – Difficulty In A Social Setting (School)
Me has difficulty staying focused, starts tapping his pencil, poking Pigtails and whistling. Specs and Pigtails “shush” and dismiss him. Me becomes angry. Me has difficulty with boundaries, reading social cues and seeing things from another’s perspective.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?