Executive Functioning – Misunderstanding Ownership
Me sees a watch on the table, he likes it and places it on his wrist. His father notices his watch is missing and confronts Me, telling him to give it back. Me is not understanding the concept of ownership.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?