Living and Social Skills – Misreading Social Situations – Leaves
Me sees Specs and Pigtails laughing, he misinterprets their behaviour, becomes upset and sad, and then leaves. Me has difficulty with social situations and seeing things from another’s perspective.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?