Memory – Difficulty with Working Memory
Me is in gym class and Coach gives him a bunch of verbal instructions, Me does not respond. Coach continues to repeat his instructions, getting louder and louder. Me becomes angry. Me is unable to remember the complex instructions, Me has difficulty with working memory.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?