Executive Functioning – Difficulty With Judgement
Me is approached by Shades and convinced to trade his bike for a hot dog. Me’s father is upset by this and reacts with frustration. Me feels sad. Me does not understand the value of items, was unable to utilize good judgement and problem-solving skills.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?