Executive Functioning – Difficulty Transitioning In Class
Me, Specs and Pigtails are working in class, the bell rings and Me is the last one left. He seems confused and unsure of the next step. Me has challenges transitioning from one activity to another.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?