Executive Functioning – Difficulty Organizing
Me has the task of building a model of the solar system, he is unsure how to start, is confused and unsure of the steps he needs to take to complete the activity. He tries to finish and feels sad when his model does not look like his peers. Me has difficulty planning and organizing.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?