Focus and Attention – Easily Distracted
Me has difficulty staying focused, as Shades is distracting him. Me ends up getting into trouble from Teach. Me has difficulty screening out distractions.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?