Sensory – Oversensitive To Touch
Me is in the middle of the line is poked several times from behind, and reacts by pushing others, which leads to getting into trouble. Me is over-sensitive to touch, due to sensory processing difficulties.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?