Thinking, Reasoning and Communication – Too Many Instructions Confuse
Me is in gym class and Coach gives him a bunch of verbal instructions, Me does not respond. Coach becomes louder as he continues to repeat what he has said. Me is confused, overwhelmed and reacts with anger. Me has difficulty understanding lengthy instructions and is unable to follow through.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?