Memory – Difficulty With Retention
Teach reviews math problems with the class. The next day there is a test and Me is unable to recall what he learned the day before, he leaves feeling very defeated. Me has difficulty retaining information.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?