Thinking, Reasoning and Communication – Complex Instructions Confuse
Father gives Me instructions to complete a number of chores. Me becomes mixed up and confused and is unable to follow through. Me has difficulty understanding complex steps.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?