Sensory – Overstimulation – Leaves
Me finds the classroom environment too noisy, too busy, and cluttered, he reacts by going to the back of the room (disengagement). Me is overwhelmed by all of the sensory stimulation.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?