Executive Functioning – Difficulty Managing Money
Me has money to buy a hotdog. Shades and the rest of Me’s friends convince him to buy them all hotdogs. In the end Me loses out, as he has no money left for himself. Me has difficulty thinking ahead, planning and managing money.
While viewing a “Challenge”, consider the following questions:
- What is happening in this scene?
- What is expected of Me?
- Using your knowledge of FASD, which brain domains/functions are experiencing challenge?
- What is a common interpretation (explanation) of Me’s behaviour?
- What are Me’s strengths that can be built on?
- What accommodations or strategies could create a better fit for Me, or What did Me need from others?